Tuesday, January 22, 2013

SCARY BARRY'S JOURNEY TO THE 2013 PRO BOWL PART 1

By Scary Barry Rodriguez          January 22, 2013

 


Honolulu, Hawaii - Scary Barry awoke in the early hours of the morning in his Daly City , California abode . This was the first step on the journey to the 2013 Pro Bowl in Hawaii. It was cold and windy in the San Francisco bay area. Soon the darkness would give way to the early morning light. My best friend dropped me off at the International terminal at SFO to catch Flight 11 , Hawaiian Air to Honolulu.

 Once at the airport I felt some trepidation because of my last experience going through the TSA (too sexy already ) screening process. Last time My feet were bare , my belt was off and a TSA officer groped my pectoral muscles searching for a weapon ! This was in addition to being scanned by a Star Trek type machine that checked me out down to my natural state ! The only thing missing in this sensual scenario was flashing colored lights and disco music !


 
               









This time it was routine . Just a mass of sweating bodies in close proximity sans           shoes , belts and privacy. The usual suspects had too much luggage and I barely was able to board my flight in time. On board was the Men and Women's basketball team from BYU University , Hawaii. The door was closed on the metal cylinder and the plane was hurled into the sky ! It was like a five hour ride on a Muni streetcar.

On my arrival in Honolulu I experienced a shock as my Daly City body adjusted to the hot Honolulu day. After I walked what seemed like two miles I reached the baggage claim area. By the time I arrived at the rental car area I felt as if I my body had been tumble dried in sweat. Then it was on to the Hilton Hawaiian Village in downtown Honolulu to pick up my press credentials. I entertained a couple of Georgia peaches as my picture was taken. Will Kiss of the Oakland Raiders issued my credentials and we renewed our acquaintance. Then it was on to a nearby Ihop restaurant where Scary Barry stuffed his face !

My friend in crime Superbowl Wayne , a fixture in the Hawaiian media scene,. brought me up to speed on the latest happenings . As the sun set on the Honolulu horizon , tinting the azure sea with orange , all was peaceful again !

To be continued .........................................Scary Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment